|LOOKS NEWER FOR LONGER
Better Corrosion Resistance, higher Life and inspiring Aesthetic for longer.
steel, the globally proven and best-in-class product has superior corrosion resistance with a higher life span. It comes with a 150 g/m2 (AZ150) metallic (55% Al-Zn alloy) coating that lasts up to 4 times longer than Galvanised steel with 275 g/m2 (Z275) of Zinc coating in near neutral environmental conditions. ZINCALUME®
steel with metallic coating of 200 g/m2 (AZ200) is for even higher life and for severe environment.
With a lifetime of up to four times that of ordinary galvanised steel, ZINCALUME®
steel delivers outstanding durability.
But, more importantly, it also gives you the confidence that the award winning material you’ve chosen for your next project will perform today and for years to come.
steel can be bent, folded, stamped, punched or crimped for easy fastening. The special resin coating reduces the need for lubricants for rollforming, making it less slippery and easier to handle. Its smooth satin-smooth finish has an ideal surface for easy painting.
|Product Description and Features|
Roof sheeting made from ZINCALUME® steel is available in a range of profiles. The zinc/aluminium alloy coating on ZINCALUME® steel imparts corrosion resistance of up to four times the life of galvanised steel.
At the same time ZINCALUME®
steel is lighter and easier to handle, thereby making it a better option than conventional building product enabling quick completion while putting lesser load on the supporting structures.
Guidelines for using ZINCALUME® steel
- Durable and Strong
- One of the most thermally efficient roofing materials available today
- Superior corrosion resistance
- Available from an extensive network of suppliers
- A deterrent against intruders
- Excellent resistance to impact from hail
- Excellent flexibility in design, can be curved, for truly individual designs
- Flexibility of design allows for both traditional straight roof sheeting as well as innovative curved roofing designs
- Easy maintenance
- Weather tight and secure when installed to manufacturer’s specifications
This page contains some basic recommendations for the use of COLORBOND®
steel and ZINCALUME®
steel products. More information can be found by following the related links below.Tata BlueScope Steel recommend that you:-
- Always use the recommended steel grade to suit your environment and any special corrosive influences
- Store material clear of the ground and protect from rain and moisture prior to installation
- Always use fasteners with durability equal to the material being used and which have carbon-black-free washers
- Avoid materials and liquids which can cause corrosion, such as lead and copper, green or CCA (Copper-Chrome-Arsenic) treated timber, uncoated steel supports, fertilisers, pesticides and abrasive cleaners,
- Avoid using galvanised gutters with roofing made from ZINCALUME® steel, COLORBOND® steel or glazed tiles
- Follow manufacturers recommendations for roof pitch, fastener spacings and type, support spacings and other laying procedures when installing products
- Avoid the use of black carbon (‘lead’) pencils for marking sheets
- Use metal cutting discs or shears to cut sheets rather than angle grinder discs
- Use only neutral cure silicone rubber sealants
- Debris from cutting, piercing & screwing should be removed at the end of each day, and not left on the roof or in the gutters
- Avoid immersion in concrete, soil or water, or build up of debris against the product
- Avoid contact with brick cleaning acid
- Avoid using touch up paint
- Areas not washed by rainwater should be hosed down at least every six months (more frequently in areas with industrial fallout or high salt concentrations).
To know more, please download the Improved ZINCALUME®
steel brochure from the Resources Section of this website*BIEC International Inc. (a wholly owned subsidiary of BlueScope Steel Ltd) is the worldwide licensor of the 55% Aluminum-Zinc alloy coated steel technology – GALVALUME®. GALVALUME® is an internationally recognized trademark of BIEC International Inc., and some of its licensed producers. GALVALUME® and ZINCALUME® are registered trade marks of BlueScope Steel Limited.