Did you know, as per recent studies, the construction sector contributes to 38% of the climatic change? Alarming as it may sound; there is an urgent need for us to move towards environment friendly construction structures, materials and practices. Here ‘Green Buildings’ play an important role!
What makes a ‘Green Building’?
A ‘green’ building is a structure that, in its design and construction, reduces or eliminates negative impacts on the climate and nature in general. Whether it’s our home, an institute, school, commercial establishment or a community center; a building qualifies as green if it has the following features as mentioned below:
- Minimum use of water, energy and natural resources
- Should be recyclable and reusable
- Material used should be non-toxic and sustainable
- Should be adaptable to the changing environment
- Should be designed and constructed by keeping environment and quality of life in mind
- Should be energy efficient, water harvestable, healthier option for building occupants
LGSF Technology – Your alternate for an eco-friendly structure
Light Gauge Steel Framing structures are used extensively in several applications for their quick, easy and sustainable features as compared to more traditional construction practices that use heavy brick and mortar. LGSF frames are made from cold form processes. This results in light weight and high tensile steel sheets, enabling better performance.
Let us see some of the benefits LGSF offers in enabling green aspects within its built environment.
- Reduction in waste: Pre-fabricated steel components reduces site works and material usage, thereby maintaining quality within the premise and for the people.
- Speed: Shorter construction period gradually decreases resource utilization as compared to conventional system.
- Recyclable & Reusable: LGSF structures are recyclable and modular. They can be easily transported and installed with energy efficient fabrication; thus promoting sustainable life cycle.
- Ideal for all weather conditions: LGSF is marked for its commendable performance in extreme weather circumstances. Due to structural expansion and contraction; the material withstands changes in the environment.
- Strong but Lightweight: Steel has one of the highest strength-to-weight ratios. This results in optimizing material. Since it is light, it is easier for maneuvering the same on-site.
- Safety: Steel’s inherent strength and non- combustible qualities enable light steel frame structures to resist devastating calamities such as fire, earthquakes and hurricanes.
- Significantly longer life: Selection of the steel building material plays fundamental role in longevity of building performance. Well-designed steel building can perform min 30 years with least maintenance.
EZYBUILD® smart steel building solutions from Tata BlueScope Steel are one of the most reputed names within the prefabricated construction industry. Made from light weight high strength COLORBOND® steel and ZINCALUME® steel, the structures are thermally efficient and offer several benefits like strength, superior design and speedy construction; maintaining your structure’s integrity. Manufactured at state most advanced facilities across India, these ready to install solutions are quick alternatives to conventional buildings and are offered through a dedicated network of authorized EZYBUILD® solutions providers, has least TVOC; otherwise harmful for building occupants. With custom based solutions our structures enable clear views, are modular, transportable and highly weather resistant.
If you are willing to explore possibilities in building ecologically safer structures; do get in touch with our experts or visit the company website: www.tatabluescopesteel.com