Roof is one of the most important architectural considerations, as it protects us against myriad natural elements. Steel roofs are a design favourite of architects looking for durability, versatility and aesthetics. There are two main types of sheet metal installation techniques or fastening systems for a given project. One of them is pierced fixed roofing technique or concealed fixed roofing technique.
What is concealed fix roofing system?
Concealed fix roofing system does not involve piercing of the roof sheet and is fixed with a specialised clip that holds the entire system intact enabling a leak proof performance, which is well-fortified against external disturbances.
The clips used to fix this sheet to the purlins serve two purposes:
Firstly, they sidestep the need for holes in the sheet (which prevents the possibility of leakage through perforation).
Secondly, when faced with changing thermal conditions the roof can expand and contract in a sliding movement over the clips.
Features of concealed fix roofing:
- Less prone to leakages due to absence of exposed fixings that enables watertight performance
- Possible in desired lengths due to onsite roll forming
- No-end-laps eliminate potential for ingress at laps along with accelerated corrosion
LYSAGHT KLIP-LOK® with LOK-KLIP™ – The Ultimate Concealed Fix Roofing Solution
LYSAGHT KLIP-LOK® 700 with LOK-KLIP™, is an established concealed fix roofing profile which is most popular in all types of infra, commercial and industrial projects for the value it adds in form of project longevity, performance and minimum maintenance. On-site roll forming is possible using LYSAGHT® concealed fixed KLIP-LOK® 700 profile for longer lengths. Also if customer requires a non-piercing system for the roof and if there are constraints for on-site roll-forming due to space availability or machine is unable to reach remote locations, LYSAGHT® offers LOK-KLIP™ end joint/expansion joint system for KLIP-LOK® 700. LOK-KLIP™ arrangement makes the entire system weather-tight.
LYSGAHT LOK-KLIP™ Benefits
- Fast & Effective: This innovative product enables contractors and roof fixers to easily and quickly install weather resistant end and expansion joints between overlapping sheets of LYSAGHT KLIP-LOK® 700
- Tried and Tested: LYSAGHT LOK-KLIP™ system has been fully tested under cyclonic and non-cyclonic conditions for weather resistance and wind uplift in NATA accredited testing facility
- Excellent thermal expansion and contraction
- Economical: Without the additional purlin detailing required for conventional step joints, the LYSAGHT LOK-KLIP™ system can also serve to be cost-effective
So, if you are looking for quick, innovative and a well-fortified weather resistant roofing solution; do get in touch with our experts or visit our website: www.tatabluescopesteel.com The profile can be ordered in transportable lengths through factory roll forming. Our roofing solutions are backed by Tata BlueScope Steel warranty, for your complete peace of mind!